Project ”International poetic alphabet“ (Grundtvig learning partnerships) aims to develop and put into practice new pedagogical approaches using poetry as a way to promote:
– mutual comprehension and common European values such as the respect of cultural and linguistic diversity,
– active European citizenship,
– develop/discover creative ways to teach/learn languages.
It will gather partners to promote intercultural education and bring a European perspective into learning/teaching in adult education.
We also aim to:
- improve comprehension and expression in foreign languages,
- promote less spoken European languages,
- help Europeans rediscover European poetry and endear it to them,
- develop basic skills in writing poetry.
Project work will be based on implementation of the wp plan, which includes:
- development of/participation in the activities of sharing experiences and thoughts,
- expressing yourself through the poetry readings and creative writing,
- collecting and sharing information about national poets of each partner’s country,
- discussing about classic, contemporary and slam poetry to know history, related social/cultural aspects,
- broaden our horizons and get inspired to nurture not only intercultural, but also intergenerational dialogue through the discovery of the classic poetry, preferred by older people and contemporary or slam poetry,recently very popular among European youth;ranslating poems into English and from English into the partner languages, sharing ideas about them.
Information about the project:
Official site: http://www.europoems.eu
Europoems Program: https://www.youtube.com/user/EuropoemsProgram
Europoems site: https://sites.google.com/site/europoems/
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.